cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need major help with a mx922

redwolf
Apprentice

My mother has a HP laptop running windows 10(it has used wireless printing)  ..  She bought this printer awhile back, he HP printer died....  I do have it set up on the desktop in the computer room... for the life of my I cant get her laptop to print or even see the printer wirelessly....  even tried to use the usb wireless set up... printer still not found... what am i doing wrong???  I thought i was good with computers, used to build them for myself...  I have uninstalled, took the printers out of the registry to get a clean install...  no luck

1 REPLY 1

Darius
Whiz

Hi redwolf.

If the MX922 is working with the other computer without issue, we can presume it's network connectivity is sufficient.  Are you setting up the printer using the Windows "Add Printer" wizard, or are you running the Canon driver installation?  The Canon installation will ensure the printer is recognized even when it enters standby mode, or if it's reassigned by the router (a normal weekly/monthly occurrence for most networks).

Beyond that, if your network supports 5G (5 GHz wifi), ensure that either the printer is connected to the router or modem by Ethernet (wired network connection), or that the laptop is on the standard (2.4 GHz) wifi connection.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements