cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a pixma MP 495 and having trouble with the wireless printing.

cneece
Apprentice

I have a pixma MP 495 and having trouble with the wireless printing. I have a MAC OS X Yosemite operating system. I printed a network configuration page. It states that:

Wireless LAN: Enable

LInk Status: Active

Mac address: my IP

SSID: states the name of my network

From this page, it looks like it is set up. However, I am unable to print. It states that my printer is offline. I have tried numerous trouble shootings online and I have been unable to get it to work. I had also downloaded the drivers off canon website. I do not have a CD. 

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi cneece,

Your network may need to be restarted to restore connection between the printer and your network.  Please follow the steps below to restart the network:

1.  Turn off the printer and your computer.

2.  Unplug your wireless router for at least 60 seconds, then plug it back in.

3.  Wait 2-3 minutes, then turn the computer and printer back on.

Please attempt to print again.  Should you continue to experience difficulty, we ask that you please call 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) for further assistance.  A Canon technical support representative will be happy to help.  There is no charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements