cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a canon 5420 and for some reason my devices are not recognizing this wireless printer.

rhunt1
Apprentice

I have a canon 5420 and for some reason my devices are not recognizing this wireless printer. I ran through these steps it says my connection is active and my signal strenght is at a 100% but my wireless devices are still not recognizing this printer. Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

Jason
Whiz

Hi, rhunt1!

To ensure the most accurate information is provided, we will need to know which devices you are trying to connect the printer to.  If it is a computer, please provide the version of Windows or Mac in use.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

I am using a macbook pro, an ipad and an iphone...all of which were able to connect and they can't now. It's a brand new mac so I think it is the mountain lion.

Ramona
Authority

Hi rhunt1,

You will want to ensure that the Bonjour setting of the printer is enabled to try and resolve the issue.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Navigate to SETUP from the main screen of the printer.

2. Press the third Function button below the screen to display the SETUP menu.

3. Use the left/right arrows to select DEVICE SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

4. Use the up/down arrows to select LAN SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

5. Use the up/down arrows to select OTHER SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

6. Use the up/down arrows to select BONJOUR SETTINGS, then press the OK button.

7. Use the up/down arrows to select ENABLE/DISABLE BONJOUR, then press the OK button.

8. Use the up/down arrows to select ENABLE, then press the OK button. The printer will enable the setting and then display a confirmation screen showing that it was set.

9. Press the HOME button to return to the main menu.

Should you still experience difficulty after enabling the Bonjour setting, please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements