07-31-2014 05:48 PM
So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on the primary computer at the other end of your network. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!
If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).
Thanks and have a great day!
08-02-2014 08:33 PM
To install your PIXMA MG8120 on your Windows 8.1 computer, please follow these steps:
1. Use the up or down button on your PIXMA MG8120 to display Setup and press the right FUNCTION button.
2. Select Wireless LAN Setup and press OK.
3. Select Yes and press OK.
4. Select Easy Setup and press OK.
5. Select your access point name and choose OK.
6. Press the right FUNCTION button on the Enter passphrase or Enter WEP screen.
7. Enter your WEP or passphrase and press OK.
8. Make sure network key is correct and press OK.
9. When the connection confirmation appears, press OK.
Please follow these steps to download the necessary file to begin installation:
1. Visit Canon's website at: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer
2. Type PIXMA MG8120 in the "Enter Your Model Name" box and click GO.
3. On the Support page for your unit, click the 'Drivers & Software' link in the middle of the page.
4. Click on Drivers.
5. Click on the MG8100 series MP Driver.
6. If you agree, please click the check box next to "I have read and agree to the terms of the Disclaimer and wish to continue with the download".
7. Click the Download button.
8. When the Save As box comes up, click Save.
9. Once the download is complete, close all windows.
10. Open the Downloads folder and then double click the file that was downloaded, [mp68-win-mg8100-1_05-ejs.exe].
Follow the prompts to install the driver on your computer.