cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get the message the printer cannot be found. It is listed in my device and printers section.

RustyLite22
Apprentice

I cannot get my wireless Canon printer to work.

2 REPLIES 2

Jessica
Enthusiast

Hi RustyLite22!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what model Canon printer you're using and what Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x) when you plug the camera in to the computer.  Any error messages or other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

Thanks and have a great day!

jwilseyRCDB
Contributor

Hey,

I'm willing to bet you used the default wifi setup for your printer?  diverhank wrote a good list of steps on a different topic, http://forums.usa.canon.com/t5/Wireless-Networking/Pixma-MX920-on-a-different-subnet-not-detected-wi... to help you change the printer to use a "static" IP.

It's like moving your home, the post office will still look for you at your old mailbox unless you tell them where you have moved.  With DHCP, your printer is moving all the time and you don't have an easy way to tell where it moved to.  With a static IP, that printer will stay put.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements