cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can print and am connected to wi-fi but scan function isn't working

jodifisher
Apprentice

I recently got a new computer and I can print to my Canon MX452, but when I scan from the MX452, it says that the PC isn't connected.  Both the computer and the Canon are connected to the same wi-fi.  I am using the scan functions on the Canon.

I have Windows 10.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Please try the following to see if we can resolve your issue:

1.  Open the Canon IJ Network Scan Utility from the Canon Utilities listing of the Start Menu.

2.  Once this has been done, a small scanner icon should appear near your clock on the bottom corner of the screen.

Next, follow these steps:

1.  Open the Canon IJ Scan Utility on your Desktop or the Canon Utilities listing of the Start Menu.

2.  Click Settings.

3.  Click the General Settings tab on the left.  The icon resembles tools.

4.  In the Product dropdown menu, select the Network version of the printer.

5.  Click OK.

Once this has been done, try scanning from the IJ Scan Utility to test the connection.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

How do I find the Canon IJ Network Scan Utility from the Canon Utilities listing of the Start Menu?  I click the start icon, go to settings, and I'm unsure where to look from there.  Again, I use Windows 10, if that helps.

Thank you very much!

Hello.

It should be available in the Start Menu.

If you cannot find the program, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements