cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am a teacher with my own (i bought) MX922 set up on school network so I can print from my laptop

dadoftwo
Apprentice

The problem is other teachers have found my printer on the network and are printing to it all day using up my paper and ink (which I have to supply). Is there a way I can lock everyone else out except for my laptop???  THX!!!

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Our printers do not have the ability to restrict access from users that are connected to the same secured network as the printer.  In this case, it may be best to disable the wireless LAN connection and connect the printer directly to your computer via USB.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Blodgett
Apprentice

Re: I am a teacher with my own proessays printer on a school network

Hello,

Is it possible to select permissions for a certain group of teachers? I'm a teacher of Arts and Design in the local gymnasium and we are using Windows Server 2008 R2 for our network. Any third party tools/apps to restrict access via password or anything? Thanks.

Hi blodgelt,

You would need to speak with the schools IT department to see if there is a way to select permissions on the network since there is no option to do that from the printer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements