cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make Pixma MP620 recognize a new router

Henk
Apprentice

Hi:  Our Pixma MP620 printer/scnanner was working just fine until we had to change routers.  Ever since then it doesn't work anymore: the print/scan instruction goes out but then the system gets stuck.  I gather the problem is that the Pixma does not recognize the router but I couldn't manage to make it do that by following the manual's instructions.  Any suggestions on how to do it?  This ought to be really simple!  Grateful for your advice, thanks!  Henk

4 REPLIES 4

Devin
Enthusiast

Hi Henk,

The way to setup your PIXMA MP620 to use a new router is to reinstall the software to your computer.  When you changed your router, your network settings changed which caused the wireless connection to go down.  Reinstalling the software will reconfigure the PIXMA MP620 wtih your new network settings.  So that I can provide specific instructions to reinstall, please reply with your operating system as well as if you have the original disc.

I look forward to assisting you.

I have the same issue and dont have the original disc I have an imac OS X version 10.9.2

please could you help ?

Thirunarayanan
Apprentice

I am having a similar challenge. I believe that I should uninstall and reinstall the printer-driver software. Canon must come up with an easier and more efficient way to change the settings when the router is changed. I hope someone from Canon is reading these kinds of blogs.

ETP1
Apprentice
I was having the same problem, until I realized that the USB cable must have a USB B male connector, which plugs into the right back corner of the printer, rather than a USB A connector (which I was plugging in to the front of the printer). The end that plugs into the PC port is USB A.
Announcements