cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install Canon MP495 printer without installation cd?

Forevershelly
Apprentice

I lost my setup cd. How do I wirelessly connect my Canon Pixma MP495 to my laptop without the setup cd? I have Windows 8 also.

16 REPLIES 16

Hi, I read this thread, I am trying to install a canon MG3505s and am having the same problem with the error 'new port cannot be created: 0000'. I have the cd rom however my laptop does not have a cd rom drive so I am unable to run the cnmnpu.exe utility, is there any way I can dowload this online to run it? What do you suggest I do?

Hi, abeswick!

Welcome to The Canon Community, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however, we need to let you know that the Canon Community is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market. The PIXMA MG3505 is not sold or supported by Canon USA.

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

You're welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Hi Stephen, I understand however this problem is across many Canon products and is a common problem (you just have to google it to find that out). So I don't understand why you are not able to help?

Hi, abeswick!

You're looking for software, right? Canon USA doesn't have the software for your specific product because we don't support your product. You'll need to reach out to Canon in your country for the software you need, because it's licensed for use in the country in which the product was released. 

Have a great day!

No, did you read my original message?  Its for the cnmnpu.exe utility which allows it to install, this utility is not sepcific to any particular printer is it?

john-coppinger
Apprentice

@Forevershelly wrote:

I lost my setup cd. How do I wirelessly connect my Canon Pixma MP495 to my laptop without the setup cd? I have Windows 8 also.

Losttarget
Apprentice

Had to re-install windows.  Lost my printer driver.  No CD.  Could not get the scanner to work from my laptop. The canon page did not have the printer installer like you find on the CD. The computer recognized the printer, but scanner would not work.
I looked around and ended up using an older Canon program that worked on Explorer 11.  I think it was Windows 8 a 62bit where I found what I was looking for.  Googled this (found on the Canon Australian support page): MP495 series MP Driver Ver. 1.03 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)

MP495 series MP Driver Ver. 1.03 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)

Announcements