Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

How to install Canon MP495 printer without installation cd?

I lost my setup cd. How do I wirelessly connect my Canon Pixma MP495 to my laptop without the setup cd? I have Windows 8 also.

New Contributor

Re: How to install Canon MP495 printer without installation cd?

You can download the software from the Canon website. Search for your printer model and select "Drivers & Software". There will be options to download based upon your OS and such. http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mp_series/pixma_mp495#Dr...

Good luck.

New Contributor

@Forevershelly wrote:

I lost my setup cd. How do I wirelessly connect my Canon Pixma MP495 to my laptop without the setup cd? I have Windows 8 also.

New Contributor

Occasional Contributor

I need access to the CNMNPU.EXE utility to troubleshoot my MX922 install issue but I misplaced my CD, which contains the exe. Is there a way to download the files needed from Canon or get a replacement CD?

Highlighted

Hello!

All of the software can be downloaded directly from our website HERE.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks but I can't get the cnmnpu.exe utility from that software link. I know it exists on the setup CD-ROM but I don't have access to that and there seems to be no way to get a copy weithout buying a whole new printer. Any chance Canon can provide the utility? I'm stuck without that tool.

Product Expert

Hi rod1105,

You can get a replacement disk for you MX922.  Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays). 

We look forward to hearing from you.

Occasional Contributor

Appreciate the reply, Arthur. I called in and got confirmation that the CD will be sent. Hope that'll be the ticket.