cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect a Pixma MG3220 wirelessly without WPS but with WPA?

cleo13363
Apprentice

I have a Pixma MG 3220 that I've had for years and have gone through several new  wireless connection set ups with it flawlessly. Recently we switched to a new provider and with the new provider came a new router. When I went to connect the printer, I realized the WPS button on the router wouldn't light up and wasn't connecting to the printer. So I called the company. They told me that certain router doesn't work on WPS but WPA. My question is..how to connect this printer wirelessly using this router?

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

To connect the printer to your router by using your WPA key, please perform the installation on your computer using the CD or our latest downloads at the usa.canon.com website.  

You will have to temporarily connect the cable to your computer via USB during one point of the setup.  If you cannot find the cable that was included with the printer, you can use any standard A to B USB cable to make the connection.

If additional assistance is needed, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

But the wps connects with the router and I see the address on the computer with the driver installation - Its not making a printer icon finishing the setup. I tried wpa with the printer and it shows cannot connect.

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

To perform the WPS setup, use the disk or download our drivers at www.usa.canon.com

The setup will allow you to enter your network key in order to connect the unit to the network.  You will also have to temporarily connect the printer to the computer via USB during one point of the setup.  If the original cable cannot be located, you can use any standard A to B USB cable for the connection.

If you continue to have difficulties with the connection process, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements