cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change from USB to Wireless Color ImageClass MFb42Cdw

JCassiW
Contributor

When I first bought my printer I tried to connect to my laptop wirelessly but it wasn't working so I had to use the USB, but now I really need the wireless option, so how do I change to wireless from USB?

3 REPLIES 3

Darius
Whiz

Hello JCassiW.

Directions for the MF642Cdw wireless setup may be found linked through the Wireless Setup Help page.

It doesn't show what to do if your printer doesn't show up in select deviceUntitled.png

Hi JCassiW.

Try using the printer's interface to PING the computer's IP address.  If the computer cannot be pinged, then either the computer and printer are on different networks (such as if one is using a VPN), or the router is preventing the two from communicating.  In the case of a VPN, disconnect the computer from the VPN.  In the case that the router is blocking cross-communication, refer to the router's documentation and support.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements