cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Print from Android using USB OTG cable connection on non wireless printer

Kbloss1989
Apprentice
This was the last printer available at walmart and I needed to print a shipping label today. Printer is canon pixma MG2522.

So with no other choice I bought this and I was told to get a USB OTG cable to connect it to my android Samsung galaxy A10E via USB connection.

Was told when I plugged it in my phone would automatically recognize the printer and download what ever drivers it needed to work. Didnt happen.
I downloaded every canon app out there and still nothing.
Googled a bunch and canon manuals are saying USB connection only and the next sentence says to press the wireless button. WtF?!
Confusing? Yes. And directly from Canon.
Finally went to printer apps on google play and downloaded random apps like printer hand and others. Tried the other 2 first named they find the printer! Wow and canon couldn't I'm excited. Says I have to pay for premium version but print a test page first. Neither test page works.

FINALLY I try print hand test page works! How does this random App have the drivers to make a canon printer be recognized and work on my android phone but canon apps do not?!
Who knows. I buy the app and BAM points my label.
Can I use the scanner? Dont know. Not sure. If anyone knows please post!

$9.95 for the app, $34.99 for the printer and $8.99 for USB OTG cable and finally after 2 hours of messing with it I can print my shipping label!

So please use my trial and error and final success to help you when you cant print at a library or anywhere public and there's literally no printers available in store or online.

Hope this helps someone.
2 REPLIES 2

Uncleben
Apprentice
What's the app name? Having the same issue

corystyers
Apprentice
If you download Noko Print in app store and plug USB on printer in to your otg converter it will do all the work for you and print is easy as it ever could be no downloads no extra BS and it's amazing
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements