cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Disconnect from my old wifi

caysielynn
Apprentice

I recently moved to college and to set up with the wifi here I have to have the IP Address. I printer out the network info and it doesnt tell the IP Address, and it says its still connected to my home wifi. How do I fix this?

3 REPLIES 3

John_B
Rising Star

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what printer you have. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

caysielynn
Apprentice
Canon Pixma mg3620

Ramona
Authority

Hi caysielynn,

Since you are connecting to a different network, you can initialize the machine settings to set the network settings back to the default settings, then re-enable the wireless setting of the printer and reinstall the drivers on your computer to connect it to your new network.  To do this, please follow these steps from the printer:

1. Press and hold the STOP button and release it when the Alarm lamp flashes 21 times. This will initialize the machine settings.

2. Next, please turn off the printer, unplug the power cord and leave it out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in and turn it back on.

3. Once the printer comes back on, please press and hold the Wi-Fi button, then release it when the ON lamp flashes.

4. Press the COLOR button, then the Wi-Fi button in this order. The wireless LAN setting of the printer is now enabled.

Once the wireless LAN setting is enabled, please reinstall the printer on your computer using the latest drivers from the Canon USA website here.  Should you need further assistance, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements