Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

How to Connect Cannon Pixma MG7120 to Wfi

Hello, 

I've just arrived at college from winter break and have come with a new Pixma Printer. When I tried it at home I could print wirelessly from both my MacBook Pro and from my Iphone no problem. Now that I am at school, neither my laptop nor my phone will connect to the printer. I had to buy a cable to get it to print from my laptop but if I try printing from my phone it says "Cannot communicate with printer" and when I try it from my laptop it says "Printer not connected". The Bluetooths on my computer and phone are on. And the blue wifi symbol is lighting up on my printer. I was wondering if there was a way to connect to the wifi at a college without having direct access to a router? Thank you. 

Honored Contributor

Re: How to Connect Cannon Pixma MG7120 to Wfi

The blue light on the printer is WiFi indicator, not Bluetooth. Printer won't connect wirelessly without being connected to the router. This might be a problem at school. Talk with your technology folks; you most likely aren't the first person to be in this situation.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LRCC Classic