Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

How may I select a printer for scanning with two MX922s?

I just put a second MX922 on my network. I can selectively print to one or the other by the printer name (the new one has COPY appended). However, I don't see any way when using the scan utility to choose which printer to use; it always selects the new one, no matter which printer is marked as the default printer. Anyone have any ideas how to be able to select  the device when wanting to scan?

Thanks in advance,

Bill

Product Expert

Re: How may I select a printer for scanning with two MX922s?

Hi wlathan,

To identify which scanner you are using you will need to know the printer's Mac address. To obtain the printer's Mac address, print the network configuration page. Click HERE for information on printing the Network Configuration Page.

After obtaining the Mac address, open the IJ Scan Utility program on your computer and perform the following steps:

Click on SETTINGS in the lower right corner.

Click on the TOOLS icon in the upper left.

Locate Product Name and click on SELECT to the right.

The Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX window will open.

Confirm that the printer's  Mac address you want to use is selected.

If you do not want the other MX922 to scan to your computer adjust that device to Do Not Use.

Press OK

Perform a test scan.

Reputable Contributor

Or maybe something that requires less steps, and allows you to keep both scanners active

Untitled1.png

Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2 (f/w 1.0.4) ~16-35mm f2.8L II, 50 f1.8 STM, 85 prime USM, 70-200 f2.8L IS II ~70-300 USM II ~Sigma 24-70 f2.8 Art (f/w 2.02)
~Sigma 150-600 C + TC1401 1.4x (f/w 2.00) ~Speedlite 430 EX II ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro1903 ~nVidia GPU
New Contributor

Thanks very much. I appreciate your time.