cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How may I select a printer for scanning with two MX922s?

wlathan
Contributor

I just put a second MX922 on my network. I can selectively print to one or the other by the printer name (the new one has COPY appended). However, I don't see any way when using the scan utility to choose which printer to use; it always selects the new one, no matter which printer is marked as the default printer. Anyone have any ideas how to be able to select  the device when wanting to scan?

Thanks in advance,

Bill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Caemene
Rising Star

Hi wlathan,

To identify which scanner you are using you will need to know the printer's Mac address. To obtain the printer's Mac address, print the network configuration page. Click HERE for information on printing the Network Configuration Page.

After obtaining the Mac address, open the IJ Scan Utility program on your computer and perform the following steps:

Click on SETTINGS in the lower right corner.

Click on the TOOLS icon in the upper left.

Locate Product Name and click on SELECT to the right.

The Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX window will open.

Confirm that the printer's  Mac address you want to use is selected.

If you do not want the other MX922 to scan to your computer adjust that device to Do Not Use.

Press OK

Perform a test scan.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Caemene
Rising Star

Hi wlathan,

To identify which scanner you are using you will need to know the printer's Mac address. To obtain the printer's Mac address, print the network configuration page. Click HERE for information on printing the Network Configuration Page.

After obtaining the Mac address, open the IJ Scan Utility program on your computer and perform the following steps:

Click on SETTINGS in the lower right corner.

Click on the TOOLS icon in the upper left.

Locate Product Name and click on SELECT to the right.

The Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX window will open.

Confirm that the printer's  Mac address you want to use is selected.

If you do not want the other MX922 to scan to your computer adjust that device to Do Not Use.

Press OK

Perform a test scan.

Thanks very much. I appreciate your time.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Or maybe something that requires less steps, and allows you to keep both scanners active

Untitled1.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements