cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you use only black ink on the Canon Print app?

brandont2022
Apprentice

I am wondering if you can use only black ink with the Canon Print app. I have a Pixma MX420  and we don't buy colored ink so if I print a document from the app, anything in color will not show up. I would rather it show up in black then not at all.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hello.

Printing options are limited from mobile devices.  In order to make full use of the printing and scanning capabilities, you would have to print from a compatible Windows or Mac OSX computer using the actual drivers.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

Hello.

Black Only printing or grayscale printing can only be performed on compatible Windows or Mac OSX computers.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

brandont2022
Apprentice

Also, if there was a way to program it so the whole machine is set to only print in black and white, then that would be nice too.

Hello.

Printing options are limited from mobile devices.  In order to make full use of the printing and scanning capabilities, you would have to print from a compatible Windows or Mac OSX computer using the actual drivers.

Can you sent the printer to default print in black on any device?

Hello.

Black Only printing or grayscale printing can only be performed on compatible Windows or Mac OSX computers.

Announcements