cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set up the MX430 for wireless printing

ltarpy
Apprentice

My printer was working but then was turned off. Now I can't get it to print mode. How do I get it out of copy, scan and fax and back to print?

23 REPLIES 23

Hi, I've been using the wireless feature with my printer for some time now and it has worked great. I just purchased a new Verizon hot spot and now my printer says it is offline. Do I need to reload the software and drivers to reset everything back up? I can't find my original Canon CD...is there another way to get my printer to recognize my new wireless hub?

Thanks!

You can enter in the new network password directly into the operation panel

Press the Setup button with the icon of two tools on the printer, press right arrow until you see Device Settings, press OK. Press right arrow until you see LAN settings, press OK. Press right arrow until you see Wireless LAN setup. If it asks you to press and hold WPS button, press the STOP button on the printer and it should give you an option for a Standard Setup. Press OK and it will look for the networks near you. As long as the hotspot is on it should list there. Press OK to the hotspot name and it will ask you to enter in the password. You'll see either :a :A or :1 in the upper right, this lets you know what character mode you're in. Pressing the * button on the keypad will switch between the different character modes. After entering the password, press OK and it should connect to the new hotspot.

Hopes this help!

Thanks so much for all these steps. Worked perfectly in getting the printer connected to my MiFi. However, it still shows the printer as "offline" on my laptop. I even rebooted the printer, my laptop and my mifi. Any ideas if there is another step somewhere?

Thanks!

Is this a Windows computer by chance? Sometimes automatic Windows updates knock the printer into an "offline" status.

Go to the Devices&Printers in the Control Panel. Right click on the name of your printer and select "See What's Printing." In the upper left hand corner you should see the word Printer- click that and look for an option thats says "Use printer offline"- make sure that isn't checked. If it is, uncheck it and try to print again. If it's not, you may want to reinstall the drivers.

MerryMary,

Thanks sooo much. I reinstalled the driver and everything is working great. Appreciate all your input!

HELP! I cannot enter my password. The * key plus anything produces gibberish!

This is the most frustrating thing I have ever experienvced in 30 years of working with computers!

Hello I did all of that but it still won't connect. It will print if hooked up to the cord, but it was printing without it before and I would like to get back to that wireless printing; help me. 

Hi casanchez24,

Were you able to print with your PIXMA MX430? If not, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

My wireless password contains letters, upper and lower. How do I enter letters and change casing when I'm entering my password during setup?

Announcements