cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I scan and e-mail with my wireless Pixma MG5520 printer? My operating system is windows 7

Dags
Apprentice

When I try to scan a document on my wireless printer the readout tells me "Local USB" . Does that mean that I have to connect a USB cable before I can scan and e-mail?

Thank you for any help.

12 REPLIES 12

olatan
Apprentice

just got a new computer, trying to scan to it... the wireless printer readout says "local USB".  I am connected wirelessly... I could scan with my old computer, don't remember what I did with that machine

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

pixmaprince
Apprentice

I reinstalled the driver from the canon website. My laptop then showed up under 'local USB'. this enabled me to scan and send the document directly to a folder on my laptop. 

I have not used the direct to email option yet. 

the drivers can be found on this page if you search with your printer's model number.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/self-help-center/wireless-help

Announcements