cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get my printer Pixma MX892 to recognize my Mac OSX 10.9.5 wirelessly?

Mikei254
Apprentice

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hi Mikei254,

We recommend downloading the latest Mac-compatible drivers for the printer from the Canon USA website to connect your PIXMA MX892 wirelessly.  Please click here to go to the Drivers and Software page for the PIXMA MX892.  Once on the initial download page for your model, please do the following:

1. Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" drop-down menu is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system.

2. Next, please click on the red arrow next to the "RECOMMENDED FOR YOU" section and click on the CUPS driver file. When you do, a red DOWNLOAD button will appear. Please click on the checkbox below the DOWNLOAD button, then click the red DOWNLOAD button to begin the download. The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded.

Once you have downloaded and installed the CUPS driver file from the website, please also install all other items from the RECOMMENDED FOR YOU and DRIVERS section of the website.  To install the rest of the software that comes with the printer, please follow the steps above, except for in step 2 you will want to click on the red arrow next to the "SOFTWARE" section instead of the RECOMMENDED FOR YOU section to locate and download the software.

Once all items have been downloaded, please double-click on each of the items on your Mac to install them. Since you plan on using the printer wirelessly, please be sure to install the Canon IJ Network Tool last after all other software has been installed; it should be the very last item installed.  Once all items have been installed, please restart your Mac and attempt to print.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

jenellea
Apprentice

It would be helpful to have distinct instructions for:

• REMOVING a configured hotspot
  • ADDING a wireless configuration

I recently changed phones. With the "new model" it was no problem; however, when I switched back to the older model, but a different phone, nothing worked. I finally found the "secret" ... but ony after printing the Network Configuration page.

I know the Wireless LAN setup > Other worked this time, but not until I printed the config page: and it shows only the SSID, which I cannot find for my phone (general info for finding that data might be useful).

Based on the behavior and the instructions, it looks like only one wireless modem device can be configured. This presents problems for anyone who has more than one wireless modem in the house, say a smartphone with hotspot capability OR an ISP modem--but not both and not 2 people with smartphones. Sharing devices ought to include more than one router--no?

Announcements