cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I connect wireless printer to wifi infrastructure?

voxumbra
Apprentice

Hello all,

Thank you in advance for you time. I am still learning how networking works for connecting printers so bear with me. Here is the issue:

I just got a Maxify MB5320 for my work office. I am in an executive suite building, therefore, there is one SSID with multiple access points. I can't seem to get the printer to 'talk' to my laptop ( I have a new Dell laptop using Windows 10). I am assuming it's due to the fact there are many channels. On the printer when I set up the WLAN it asks to choose one access point or multiple; and neither option works so far. I also ran network diagnostics and realized that my computer is on the same SSID yet different IP and MAC address than what my printer pulls up. 

If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know step by step. The Canon manual hasn't been much help.

Thanks! 🙂

4 REPLIES 4

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

If the connection continues to fail, make sure that both your computer and printer are connected to the same Wi-Fi access point.  This may allow the unit to communicate. 

There may also be firewall or security settings preventing access to the printer from the computer.

If you continue to have difficulties, contact your network administrator to see if any adjustments can be made.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Every device on your LAN should display a unique IP and MAC addresses.  I suggest using a network cable to connect your printer, until your can recieve professional advice, assistance, and guidance on how to connect wirelessly.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Angelmom777
Apprentice
I have a pixma cannon printer please help me set up the wireless WiFi thank u

Hi Angelmom777!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what printer and operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at usa.canon.com/support or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

Announcements