cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I connect Canon MX892 to the internet

dstauber
Apprentice

Help. Why does my Canon MS892 lose internet connection continuously. It was fine and now it says it is not connected to the internet?

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi dstauber,

Please follow these steps to reconnect your PIXMA MX892 to your network:

1.  Press the <Menu> button on your PIXMA MX892.

2.  Use the arrow buttons to select the Wireless LAN setup icon.

3.  Press the <OK> button.

4.  Select Other Setup and press <OK>.

5.  Select Advanced Setup and press <OK>.

6.  Select your access point and press <OK>.

7.  Select your security type and press <OK>.

8.  Select the number you want to use and press <OK>.

9.  On the wireless password screen, press <OK>.

10.  Enter your password and press <OK>.  Please verify this, as it is case sensitive and if entered incorrectly, will cause the printer and router to not communicate.  There are three character sets available, upper case alphabet, lower case alphabet and numbers/symbols.  Each time you press the center FUNCTION button, an on-screen keyboard is switched among them.  Select a character on the on-screen keyboard using the arrow keys and press OK to enter it.  Repeat until all characters are entered.  Once complete, press the left FUNCTION button.

11.  Press the left <Function> button.

12.  Make sure that the password that was entered is correct and press the left <Function> button.

13.  When found, press <OK> on the Connected to the access point screen.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Patrick, did not help. When I get to #6 my internet connection does not show up on my printer. My neighbors internet shows up as a choice but when I type my information in it still says can't connect! Help

Hi dstauber,

Since you continue to experience difficulty, it is recommended that you contact live technical support for further assistance by calling 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday from 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).  Real-time feedback during a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case.  There is NO charge for this call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements