cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use printer wirelessly again after using USB cable to scan picture?

jodib
Apprentice

I have used my PIXMA MX452 wirelessly for a year now. Have had all kinds of problems scanning, particularly pictures. So I finally plugged in the USB cable and launced the IJ Scanning Utility and scanned pictures to my computer. Now that I have put the printer back where it sits, I can no longer use it wirelessly. Any thoughts?

5 REPLIES 5

Tiffany

Hi Jodib!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x) and the model of the equipment you're using.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks and have a great day!

I am using Windows 7, and the printer is the PIXMA MX452. 

Ramona
Authority

Hi jodib,

Reinstalling the printer using the latest drivers from the Canon USA website should get you printing wirelessly again. Please click here to go to the Drivers and Software page for your PIXMA MX452.  Once on the initial download page for your model, please do the following:

1. Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" drop-down menu is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system.

2. Next, please click on the red arrow next to the "RECOMMENDED FOR YOU" section and click the MINI MASTER SETUP file. When you do, a red DOWNLOAD button will appear. Please click on the checkbox below the DOWNLOAD button, then click the red DOWNLOAD button to begin the download. The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded.

Once you have downloaded the MINI MASTER SETUP file, please double-click on the file and follow the steps provided to reinstall the printer wirelessly.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for your reply. I did reinstall the printer, and it is set up wirelessly. However, I still cannot scan wirelessly. So, I take it that I have to plug in and scan whenever I want to use that scan feature, then reinstall the printer every time in order to use the print function wirelessly? That's not very convenient.

Hi again jodib,

You will need to have the Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX program running on your computer in order to scan wirelessly.  To ensure it is running, from the Start menu, select All Programs > Canon Utilities > IJ Network Scanner Selector EX > IJ Network Scanner Selector EX.  Once the program is runing, please attempt to scan wirelessly again.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements