cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I set a static IP address on a Pixma MG3022

LSparks101010
Apprentice

It's sooooooo frustrating to have to go through printing the Network Configuration Page, so I can change the IP address in my computer EVERY time I want to print. (Aproximately every 3-5 days.) Please tell me there's a way to make this static. All of the results I've found here give instructions for a printer that has a screen on it, to find settings MG 3022 has no screen, so I have to be able to do it on the computer, but I have looked everywhere.

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi LSparks101010,

To set your PIXMA MG3022 to use a static IP, please follow these steps:

1.  Start the Canon IJ Network Tool.

2.  Select the PIXMA MG3022 in Printers.

3.  Select Configuration from the Settings menu.

4.  Click the Wireless LAN tab.

5.  Next to TCP/IP Setup, select  "Use next IP address" and enter in the IP address, subnet mask and default gateway addresses.

While you can use a static IP address with a device on a DHCP network, please make sure that the IP address that you use is outside of the range of IP addresses that your router uses for DHCP.  Please view your router's documentation or help file to determine what the DHCP range of your router is.

If that does not solve your issue, please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays). 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements