cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Cloud Print -> Could not acquire information for registration (ImageClass MF632)

AlbyVA
Apprentice

So I have the ImageClass MF632 printer and I previously had Google Cloud Print working.

I had to delete it and now when I attempt to re-register my printer, I get the error message 

"Could not acquire information for registration" when I click the register button.

Could somebody tell me what needs to be done to resolve this issue? Clearly just clicking the Register Button doesn't work.

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 6.08.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 6.08.50 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi AlbyVA.

Because of the number of problems that could cause this error, the fastest solution for this problem will be through our phone-based support.  Our support is available at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday from 10:00 am to 6:30 pm ET, excluding holidays.

Some things you can try first are to ensure the printer is connected to a network with internet access.  Try pinging Google's public IP address (8.8.8.8) from the printer to ensure the network is allowing the printer the access it needs.  Then, log into your Google account in the same browser before accessing the Remote UI, to ensure it's using your Google account for the registration.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Your printer comes with a 3 yr warranty.

Call Canon...  or use eSupport.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Does that mean there is no known fix and that my issue is unique and needs to be reviewd by

the techs at Cannon?

Hi AlbyVA.

Because of the number of problems that could cause this error, the fastest solution for this problem will be through our phone-based support.  Our support is available at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday from 10:00 am to 6:30 pm ET, excluding holidays.

Some things you can try first are to ensure the printer is connected to a network with internet access.  Try pinging Google's public IP address (8.8.8.8) from the printer to ensure the network is allowing the printer the access it needs.  Then, log into your Google account in the same browser before accessing the Remote UI, to ensure it's using your Google account for the registration.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks. I'll try support, since I can't seem to figure out what could be causing this issue.

that is such a bad answer, You guys charge for technical support, the point of the forum is to try to resolve it . Never buying cannon again.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements