cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Cloud Print being phased out!

WendyH
Contributor

Dear Canon,

I just read that Google announced phase out of Google Cloud Print end of 2020.   

Do you have a statement about that? 

Will there be a replacement built in for new printers?   What will happen to existing printers with Google Cloud Print?

I was considering purchasing a new TS9520.  I think I have to re-think this.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Never mind.  I thought printer used Google Cloud Print.   Altho it does, it does not require it.    It would have been nice if the descriptions made that clear.  Maybe it was in there.   A lot to go thru, I probably skimmed through it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

WendyH
Contributor

Dear Canon,

could you please provide a statement about this topic?    What about existing printers?  future  printers?  

I was considering TS9520 but have to now rethink this.

Never mind.  I thought printer used Google Cloud Print.   Altho it does, it does not require it.    It would have been nice if the descriptions made that clear.  Maybe it was in there.   A lot to go thru, I probably skimmed through it.

Hello WendyH.

Google Cloud Print is only necessary for printing from Chromebooks, Chromeboxes, and other Chrome OS computers.  Android devices have the option of the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app, the Canon Print Service addon, or the MOPRIA addon.  iOS has the Canon PRINT app and, for models supporting it (including the TS9520), Airprint. Windows, Mac OS, and Linux computers use Canon-produced drivers (available on our websites), and/or have drivers preinstalled.

We do not have a statement at this time regarding the end of Google's Cloud Print service.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements