cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure to print or stops printing halfway

southla225
Apprentice

I have a Canon Maxify MB5420.  Most of the time I click print, nothing happens.  It takes hours to print.  Other times it will start printing, print a page of 2 then on the 3rd page it stops half way and the printer says "      It will then not finish printing the sheet and send it out.  Minutes or hours later it will just start re-printing the entire document.  Sometimes I need to print on regular paper and sometimes cardstock,  I cant walk off bc it asks like this.  Takes me hours and sometimes days to get the things I need printed and then sometimes I have to resort in printing at work or on a different printer.

HELP!

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

Hi, southla225!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know if you're seeing any error messages, and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows Vista/7/8/10 or macOS 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks and have a great day!

I am operating on a macOS 10.  I am using Wireless LAN via WiFi to connect and print.  I do not get any error pages or notifications.  My signal strength is 81%

Hi southla225,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank You

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements