cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to connect to Wireless router - Ubiquiti router, Macbook Pro (Intel)

skalster72
Apprentice

This suddenly became an issue with my MG5520 that I just could not fix, so I just bought a new TS9521C hoping Canon would have upgraded the ability to connect to a wireless network in 2021 a bit more easily - but exact same issue.

I have an Ubiquiti router with multiple access points, DHCP enabled, all 'normal' settings.  The wifi setup on the Canon printer will not allow me to enter the network passphrase, tries to connect directly and keeps failing.  The network is set for WPA2.  MAC filtering is NOT enabled on the router.  I have tried all the troubleshooting articles, and there is nothing beyond check connection, mac filtering etc.

I am sure someone in the community has this figured out - thanks in advance for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

skalster72
Apprentice

The fix was in the 'Fast Roaming' configuration setting on my wifi ... turning it off caused the passphrase screen to pop up on the printer, and the once connected I turned it back on....the printer continued to stay connected.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

If entering the passphrase is the issue this specifically might help:

Canon Knowledge Base - Manual Connection to the Wi-Fi Network - TS9520 / TS9521C

You can also try temporarily disabling the 5G broadcast on your dual-band AP's or specifically the one you are trying to connect the printer to and try again.  Once connected, you can re-enable the 5G broadcast.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

skalster72
Apprentice
Thx Kudo 0

That article on manually entering pass phrase assumes I will get a screen to enter the passphrase - my issue is that screen doesn’t show up for my wifi network, just can’t figure out why it doesn’t

Will try the 5G disabling option - thx!

Greetings,

OK, lets start over. I'm not there to see what's in front of you.  

Does the printer see your broadcasting SSID name when you attempt to perform a manual connection to Wi-Fi using the printer's LCD Control Panel?

See the following hints for Manual Connection:

Canon : Inkjet Manuals : TS9500 series : Setup Guide

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I assume you are asking me if I see the list of SSIDs on the control panel - if so, yes I see mine & my nearby SSIDs, which is how I am selecting the one I need to connect with....I am expecting it to then take me to a passphrase screen but it doesnt and instead directly attempts to connect to that SSID and fails

skalster72
Apprentice

The fix was in the 'Fast Roaming' configuration setting on my wifi ... turning it off caused the passphrase screen to pop up on the printer, and the once connected I turned it back on....the printer continued to stay connected.

Announcements