cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Establishing wireless connection for PIXMA PRO -100

lrkearns
Apprentice

Having difficulty setting up wireless function for new printer.  Effort to link printer to network asks for WPS PIN and I don't have a clue where to physically locate it.  Any ideas?

9 REPLIES 9

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

The WPS "button" (either physical or virtual) is associated with your router.

This may be of help: 

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/Re-What-and-where-is-the-quot-WPS-acce...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for the response but it is a block on MS printer wireless search that requires an actual character entry.  Says it is found on the machine or information provided ... I don't see it.

lrkearns..  Sorry but we can acertain or do this for you.  The information is available on your router as jrhoffman75 mentioned.

I've included example photos, but yours will look different based on the router you have.  Log into your router's admin portal for this information.  You can use a WPS PIN or passkey to connect the printer to your wireless network.  Have removed mine for privacy.

WPS PIN.png

Net Key.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
It would be on the router, not the printer. If you can’t see it maybe go to the router support site.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

lrkearns
Apprentice

I would like to report that this issue has been resolved by going to Canon live chat.  The PIN isn't 'on' the machine...it is 'in' the machine.  By holding down the power button for a period, the machine prints out all the technical info needed to make connection.  Live Chat is worth a try in many instances.  Thanks to those who gave this some thought.

mrclean59
Apprentice

I have spent HOURS trying to connect my Pixma pro 100 wirelessly. I've done this many times before on other printers but have NEVER encountered as many frustrations as I have with this.  I can directly print from cable, but right now I'm wishing I'd never made this purchase. When I did the installation via disc, on my mac book pro, I get the error message that the OS version is unsupported (I have latest OS) and i should check for latest info. When I click on that, guess what, Canon?  PAGE NOT FOUND. Similar thing happened at different point in process, the famous Error 404. So I downloaded directly from Canon the latest driver. Still not working.  I re-check quick start instructions, and it appears that half the page wasn't printed.

On top of that they shortened the cable about a foot from the last version.  Just bought this with the 5D iv so I already cut out the UPC for the rebate but am wishing I hadn't so I could send this back to B&H.  Last time I called customer service I think the person was brand new and I knew more than she did. VERY unhappy with a brand I've loved for 40 years plus.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Hello mrclean. I have a Pro-100 that I purchased when itcwas first released. Over the years it has been connected via wifi to white MacBook, silver MacBook, MacBook Pro and now an iMac. I have been through the full range of “California “ OSs. Never had a problem. That doesnt mean you aren’t having problems, but it does point out that perhaps either 1 your printer is defective or 2. something in your system is causing the problem.

Give Canon a call again and ask to be elevated if the first tech isnt helpful. I have called them several times and alway got excellent service.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks, will do. 

LeeTee
Apprentice
After two hours and trying many things.....have the blue wifi on pixma blinking, then press the button on your modem what provides wifi will blinkm....they will connect and the pixma blue light will stay on not blink. Then go to your pc and or tablet and add a wifi connected printer device and click on the pixma 100 and it downloads and connects. It even skips the wps pin number req.
Announcements