cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors in setting up Scanning Parameters for MB5120 AIO.

ibud00
Contributor

When setting up the printer for scanning the "Quick Utility Toolbox > Add ... > (I entered the following):

Displayed Name: ScnndDocs
Shared Folder Name in Destination: \\HP-AIO\Windows|This PC\Documents\Scanned_Docs
DomainName/Username: \\HP-AIO\ibud0

If I click on Browse..., I get: " Network", followed by the names of the two computers on the network (one of which is HP-AIO. Clicking on the latter has no results. "Make New Folder" and "OK" are both grayed-out. Only "Cancel" is available.

Several other 'Trial & Error' attempts met with similar inglorious results. I also unsuccessfully tried inserting the LAN network name.

It would be greatly appreciated if someone could lead me out of this labyrinth of confusion.

5 REPLIES 5

ibud00
Contributor

I should add, I  have no problems printing from either computer.

ibud00
Contributor

These are the instructions supplied  by  the prorgam:

Enter a folder such as a shared network folder in the form of "\\server name\folder name". Separate the server name and          folder names with backslashes.

If a domain name is required, enter it in the form of "domain name\user name". Separate the domain name and user name        with a backslash.

They were of little/no help  to me.

Greetings,

Instructions for scan to computer / folder destination for the MB5120 are here:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART169312&cat=0971C002AA&actp=LIST

and

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART169309

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

My major problem probably comes from not knowing what are, and where to find, my server and domain as mentioned in the intructions.

Hello.

You may experience errors when attempting to scan to network or remote locations.  If you continue to have difficulties, please scan and save the files to a local folder on the PC.  If you experience any errors when saving scans to a local folder on the PC, please let us know.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements