cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DHCP not getting IP address from the wireless router

asayani
Contributor

My Wi-Fi router broke so I replaced it with a  TP-LINK Archer C2 (AC750) wi-fi router.

I have not been able to connect my PIXMA MX532 to the wi-fi network.  Actually, it connects to the SSID that I select (I have done manual as well as WPS and in both ways, the printer connects to the network) but no IP address seems to be assigned to the printer. I have several laptops, phones, media servers, connected to this network so I know that it works and is able to give out DHCP addresses.

I even tried entering the IP address manually on the printer but that doesnt seem to change anything.  The pritner still doesn't connect to the network.

Please help.

Thanks

Ahmed

19 REPLIES 19

asayani
Contributor
Well, I wasn't married to it and I have moved countries since ... 🙂

MortenM
Contributor
Hehe... 😉 Well, thanks anyway for replying.

I'll try to fiddle around a bit more before abandoning it. I just purchased it, and returned it for a replacement. Same problem with the second one...

Enigmativity
Apprentice

I had the same problem. It turns out that either turning off "N" on the router - so it's just "BG" and turning off IPV6 on the printer did the trick. I have yet to work out if it was one or the other but that's what the nice person at canon support helped me to do.

I just tried switching off "n" on the router, but alas it didn't do any good.

As the printer doesn't have any display, I don't know how to turn off IPv6 there. All config is done through holding button in and waiting for x flashes of power LED and then releasing the button. So far, I haven'n found any such option for switching IPv6 on/off.

Thank you anyway. 🙂

Hi MortenM,

Thanks for reaching out to Canon USA!

The PIXMA iP8750 is a Canon Europe exclusive model, which means that Canon USA doesn't support this printer. You'll want to check out the Wireless Connection Setup page located on the Canon Europe page HERE

If you're unable to get your printer connected using that tutorial, you'll want to contact Canon Europe for assistance. Their contact information can be found on the page located HERE

We hope this helps!

Thank you!

I understand this is a European model, and I have been in contact with Canon Support over here, but they failed to help me.

So I've been searching The Net for other (similar) models with similar problems. This US forum is the only place I've found something that resembles my problem.

I've tried the Wireless Connection Setup page you linked to, many times, and all the different options there - but still no luck.

No one has been able to solve my problem so far, neither in the US nor in Europe.

I am just about ready to give up on this printer and return it for a full refund. I think it is a shame no-one in Canon Support Europe has been able to fix my problem, and I think may just as well try another brand.

Hello guys,

Would like to share the steps I did to finally get my iP7250 connected to WiFi network after 4 hours of struggling.

After trying the WPS and many many restarts, I decided to share the mobile internet from my phone. First reset the printer networksettings (in my case holding oneof the buttons till power led flashed 9 times). Then connected my laptop to that shared connection and during the printer setup process (via USB) I selected an option to manually configure the network. Chosed shared mobile network, put the pssword and... it just worked! The installation process finished successfully, disconnected the USB. Afterwards I opened the installed Canon IJ Network Tool and the printer was successfully found. Opened the configuration there and manually changed the settings (SSID, passphrase, even the fixed IP) to my home WiFi network. Reconnected laptop to homenetwork and... magically the printer was found as well 😉

To me it looks like the WPS function ma be messing something in the printer network settings.

I hope this procedure can be applied to other similar cases - even with different printers.

Cheers guys! 😉

david87600
Apprentice

I had the same issue with a Canon MX-535 with an Acer AC1200 router. Here's how I fixed it:

1. I reserved the MAC Address (this may not be necessary but it can't hurt)
  2. I manually set the authentication on the router to WPA2/PSK and the encyiption to AES on my router
  3. I turned off WPS on the router.
  4. IPV6 is also turned off on the router (may not be necessary)
  5. I also turned off AC (5G) on the router (may not be necessary)
  6. I set the channel to 11 rather than auto for the wireless settings
  7. On the printer I went to settings -> device settings -> lan setup and manually selected the SSID, the authentication and encryption to match the router and connected to the wireless router manually.
  8. I turned the printer off and then turned it back on again.

I've listed all the steps I took but I suspect that the important things are making sure you have the same authentication and encryption, you have a fixed channel  and you manually connect with those parameters. So, fix those settings in your router (don't use any auto settings) and set those in the manual connection (settings -> device settings -> lan setup).

Hope this helps.

Chet_
Apprentice

I wrestled with this at a relative's place trying to get a new TP Link Archer C50 to work with a Pixma MX535X.  I had to disable DRX and IPv6 to get it to lease an IP properly.   

I found this magic incantation here:

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Wireless-Networking/The-printer-could-not-be-detected-on-the-netw...

I nuked all drivers from the PC, rebooted, and installed fresh after the printer once again had an IP.  The setup worked first time for me after that.

What a pain.

Ous
Contributor

SOLVED!!!!

Same exact problem. New router, printer not conected anymore. It gets the SSID but not an IP address so you can not contect to printer. Canon will not solve you this. Nor will do the router company custom services.

SOLUTION: You may disable IPv6 on the PRINTER!! Not on the router. Just on the printer. Then you can conect again the printer and will get IP, and will work.

To do so

On printers with screen an panel control. Navigate yourself through the configurations on the printer until you reach IPv6. Disable it.

On printers without screen control.

Tricky question. The only way I found to enter inside the printer network configuration it is trough a web browser using the printer IP. Since the printer it is not getting IP you can NOT enter. 

So, you can use any other way to creat a temporal wifi net. No need internet, just wifi. You can create a hotspot with your phone; use a wifi repeater; and old modem; ask a friend that lend you a modem. Whatever. 

Configure a new wifi, conect the printer. Find the actual printer IP (printing a status page, cheking the router the conected devices or using an APP to scan your conected devices). Use that IP on the browser to enter inside the printer. Search advance setings to disable IPv6. Disable. Aplay changes.

Now you can disconect your printer. Disconect your provisional wifi network and reconect the printer (using WPS, USB or whatever you whant) on your new and wonderful ultra powerful WIFI new router.

Announcements