cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Pixma MX492 to Chromebook

kappman
Apprentice

Purchased this printer from Amazon saying I can use with Cloud print on my Chromebook.  I cannot get it to connect.  Any suggestions?

9 REPLIES 9

mawmaw
Apprentice

I am having the same problem. Help!

mawmaw
Apprentice
Did you get yours connected?

Hello.

The drivers and software for our printers are only compatible with the latest Windows or Mac OSX operating systems. 

It is possible to use certain printers with a Chrombook by going through the Google Cloud Print service.

If you need help with this setup, please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Dbellbpm
Apprentice
And it's 2018......

Dbellbpm
Apprentice
So is it choice or just a bad design?

@Dbellbpm wrote:
So is it choice or just a bad design?

I think its a choice.  You chose hardware with an unsupported operating system.  There aren't 3 kinds of people in the world yet...  Mac, Windows or ChromeOS.  Even Linux would have been a better choice.

Remember when microsoft released the Surface... they figured out real quick we better put a real OS on these things if we want people to buy them... ChromeBooks are still a novelty item in 2018.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Dbellbpm
Apprentice
Thanks. It felt like the whole I phone situation, how they make things incompatible on purpose.
Just seems like with a connection, a new laptop should work any printer but I don't understand computers that much. Obviously ha, thanks again

shadowsports
Legend
Legend
Cloud print is an option. Search using Google. You'll add the printer in Chrome's setting. This should allow you to print using the Chromebook.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

dann0
Apprentice
It was super easy to setup once Canon Support told me how over the phone.

1) download canon print app on your smart phone
2) hook printer to your wifi using the app (its in the paper instructions
3) print netwokr test page by holdinggoing to screwdriver icon on printer then throigh the menus
4) go to ip of printer in web browser on chromebook
5) login with username ADMIN and password canon
6) select Cloud peint on left column and register printer to your gmail
7) when you print for first time it defaults to PDF change it to MX492

Done!
Announcements