cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected MG5320 printer to network, will print flawlessly from mac but not w/ windows 7

smiles917
Apprentice

The canon MG5320 printer works great and I am able to print wirlessly from my mac mini which is 3 rooms away from the printer but my windows 7 pc laptop is right next to the printer and can only print if the USB is connected and not wirelessly at all. I recently tried to seperate the printer and windows 7 laptop, placing the printer 2 rooms away but the pc still wont print wirelessly. I dont know what to do now?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello smiles917.

It may be possible that the Windows 7 computer is set to use the USB port rather than the wireless connection. 

Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers should resolve this issue.  Please perform the following:

1.  Open the Control Panel from your Desktop or Start Menu.

2.  Open Programs and Features.

3.  Uninstall the MG5300/MP Drivers and the Canon IJ Network Tool.

4.  Close all windows that are open.

Once this has been done, please visit our website at the following link to download and install the latest MP Driver for Windows 7.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg5320#D...

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello smiles917.

It may be possible that the Windows 7 computer is set to use the USB port rather than the wireless connection. 

Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers should resolve this issue.  Please perform the following:

1.  Open the Control Panel from your Desktop or Start Menu.

2.  Open Programs and Features.

3.  Uninstall the MG5300/MP Drivers and the Canon IJ Network Tool.

4.  Close all windows that are open.

Once this has been done, please visit our website at the following link to download and install the latest MP Driver for Windows 7.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg5320#D...

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Works Wirelessly with Windows 7 !!!

Thanks so much !! 

Announcements