cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer won't detect Pixma Pro-100 on either Mac or PC

speedwaymike
Apprentice

A few days ago I lost connection to both of my Pixma Pro-100 printers at the same exact time. I had them wired via USB and got the Support Code: 300. I began by deleting the printers and re-adding them. Now the printers do not show up when I go to re-add them. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers multiple times. My Mac and PC are both up to date. 

At one point, the wireless connection worked but was incredibly slow. The wireless connection no longer works either. 

I have cleaned all of the connection ports on the printers and computers. 

I am totally at a loss of what to do next. 

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

" lost connection to both of my Pixma Pro-100 printers at the same exact time."

That sounds like something happened in your home. Did you have a power surge or something like that?

Try removing power cords from printers. Hold in power button for a few seconds and then reconnect power.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

jrhoffman75 thank you for the response. I unplugged the power cords and pushed the power button as you detailed. After plugging the power cords back in and turning on the printers, they started up as normal but still aren't discoverable by the computer either by USB or WiFi. 

I was doing on-site printing at an event when both printers lost connection so it's very possible there could have been some sort of power surge. 

Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements