cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant connect Cannon MG2922 printer to Qwest Actiontec PK5000 modem/router. Tried at least 20 times

fourorphans
Apprentice

I have been trying for over a month to connect printer to use wireless using every type of setup on setup cd that came with it. Family and friends I have talked to that have working wireless printers all say they took them home,plugged them in and they worked with computers tablets and phones wirelessly. Did I buy wrong brand?

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hi fourorphans,

If you have any antivirus or firewall programs on your computer, please temporarily disable them and then attempt to reinstall the printer.  Once the printer is installed successfully, the protection software can be re-enabled.  If you still experience difficulty, so we can better assist you, please let us know what operating system is on your computer (version of Windows or Mac OS X), as well as what error you are receiving when trying to connect the printer wirelessly.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Disabled firewall and anti virus and still won't connect. I have been trying on one computer with windows seven and one with vista. Shouldn't be this difficult. Gave up today and donated printer to thrift store. Purchased an HP Deskjet 2540 at Office Depot today, brought it home and had hooked up to wireless in less than half hour. Can now print from IPad mini IPad Air and two I phones I have which is what I wanted. Thanks for trying to help but your products may be junk.
Announcements