cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon i-Sensys MF512x, network scan, error #808

tnet
Apprentice

Hello.

Canon i-Sensys MF512x. Configured network scanning via FTP. FTP uploaded to CentOS7, vsftpd. For 2 months everything worked perfectly - scanned, sent.

Yesterday, the MFP issued error # 808. Googled - Canon writes - reboot FTP server, check the settings and re-enter. I had rebooted FTP-Server, checked the settings, re-entered settings. FTP is available and working properly. Problem only with this MFP.

Scan FTP settings:post.png

I had updated the controller firmware to 8.06. Did not help.

What could it be?

Thanks for the help.

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

My cyrilic is pretty rusty so...

I would suggest changing the password on your FTP server to something very simple (for testing)  "54321ABcd"

Update this on the printer, restart and then re-test.

Also ensure permissions are set correctly for the folder you are writing to.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hello.

All this has been done. I had setted a simple password - it did not help.

Thank you.

I solved problem!

Problem was in long login to the FTP server.

FTP is on CentOS 7, a VM on VirtualBox. VB on a laptop, and a laptop on Windows - do not ask how it happened.
Started with a simple one - reinstalling guest add-ons. Despite the fact that the virtual machine is on SSD, it slowed down notably.

I went to solve problems with a laptop. Knocked out unnecessary functions: Windows Defender, threw unnecessary from startup.

Everything worked.

Thank you.

Announcements