cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Wireless Printer Error 300

Billy_Sea
Apprentice

Has anyone found the permanant fix for our Canon wireless printers going "offline". I'm growing tired of hooking my Canon Pro back up to USB and reinstalling and reconfiguring each time it goes offline. You should NOT have to do this. I think our computers use different IP addresses randomly as protocol and I think this is why our printers can not "handshake", or connect. Each time we reboot, it spins off another random IP address? Just a theory, but I hope there is a setting to where we can lock this somehow.

It's NOT a situation where resetting, reinstalling drivers is a solution. If that's the case, I will gladly throw this Canon out the door.

If anyone finds a real solution to this, please post. I am not alone, there are plenty of posts online about this problem, just no solutions that last.

Just trying to print,

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

SamanthaW

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the model of the printer you have.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, check out your support options at https://mycanon.usa.canon.com/

Thanks! 

Issue: Canon Pro-100 randomly goes offline and sends an "Error 300" message to my computer. The printer is plugged in and has previously connected wirelessly to computer. No change in print settings. Printing same documents. No network change, printing using same wireless connection. No router change. The only change that I have in my notes is an occasional reboot of the computer.

Computer:

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)

2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

macOS Catalina

10.15.6 (19G73)

Printer:

Canon Pro-100 using the latest CUPS driver.

I also have a Brother and Epson in my print bay. Neither have this issue. They are connected wirelessly and come back online after computer reboot. Only the Canon Pro 100 has this issue. The only solution is to reconnect and reconfigure printer each time it goes offline. Notes

1. Manual USB connected reconfiguration works each time.

2. I've downloaded a new driver several times just to make certain it's not corrupt and I have the latest.

3. Once offline, there is no way to "handshake" with the printer to attempt to reestablish a connection.

I'm a small design business that relys heavily on my printers. I use the Brother for business documents and the Epson designs. I wanted to try the Canon as It has many great reviews, but I am finding many online comments about "offline" error 300 problems.

So far the juice is not worth the squeeze on this one.

Help is greatly appreciated.

BC

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue.  Visit  https://mycanon.usa.canon.com/ to contact our support group during normal business hours (8AM to 8PM EST Monday through Friday).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements