cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Printer TR4540 wifi connection

Canon_Noob
Apprentice
Appreciate your input on providing support as I am trying to connect my Canon printer to the wifi network.

The printer connects to the wifi network(as I can see its IP address on the router page and from printing the LAN page settings from the printer) but remains not detected by windows or the canon installation tool.

The wifi router is D-Link. which I am assuming some special settings are required. So if anyone has faced this before, your input is appreciated.

Note I have tried on a different network and the printer connects with no issues.
2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The printer can only connect to a 2.4Ghz broadcast.  If your dLink router is configured for SMART Connect or similar (Using one SSID Name) for both 2.4/5Ghz broadcasts, the printer might have issues connecting and completing set up.  Not sure if this applies on your case since we don't know the model of your router.  If applicable, temporarily disable this feature and re-enable after set up is complete.  

Other possibilities include Firewall or Antivirus software.  These can keep the printer from being properly detected, during setup.  Last item I can think of is IPv6, sometimes disabling this allows the printer to connect and complete set up.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for your reply shadowsports.

The model is  D-Link DIR-853

I tried disabling the 5Ghz network, but still the same issue.

The router page shows that the printer is connected to the wifi and has an assigned IP Address. I tried to add the printer by referring to the IP address, the printer gets added but not able to detect it for printing.

I have no issue when setting it up on a different network. So i am sure the issue is with the router.

Just adding that on the other network i am able to ping the printer, but when using the D-link i am unable to ping anything, I keep getting the host is unreachable. I believe this may have something to do with the issue.

Any suggestions?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements