Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma iP7250 Network Problem

sebastiantr
Contributor

Hi guys!
I bought a Pixma iP7250 last month on Amazon.de

There are only 3 button on printer so that's cannot be complicated connection at all.

On user manual it says press hold wifi button a couple seconds and then press WPS button on router.
That's it.

So I have Asus n17u DSL modem/router
Windows 10 x64 / 2 pc

I'm pressing that wifi button and blue wifi led blinking, then I'm pressing WPS button on router.
A couple seconds later printer power led and wifi led are blinking same time a couple time and both leds are turn on.

I assume it connected.

I'm holding resume/cancel button and counting power led 6times
Which is give me connection details on paper.
It's says yes wifi is active, yes it's connected to my local wifi
But there is no ip configuration or any number (except MAC address)
I can't see at my computers.
I'm installing the correct version of driver but driver can't find it.
I'm adding on windows "Control Panel / devices & printer / add a device" the old way still no connection.

When I first bought this printer I try try and try and finally it work.
I have no idea what happend but it works. Suddenly driver saw the printer on LAN.
Last week I reinstall my windows and I'm struggling same problem.

I'm using compter more then 15 years.
I can easly install any OS, windows, linux, hackintosh you name it, or hardware...
But I can't install this oneSmiley Frustrated

7 REPLIES 7

Ramona
Authority

Hi sebastiantr,

We can try connecting the printer wirelessly to your network using the USB cable connection method since the WPS method is not working. To do this, please follow the steps shown here.  Please note, if you plan on downloading the drivers for the printer from the Canon USA website instead of using the installation CD, you can start with step 3.  

Also, if you have any antivirus, firewall or anti-spyware programs installed on your computer, please temporarily disable them prior to installing the drivers, as these programs can sometimes prevent the printer drivers from installing successfully.  Once the drivers are installed, you can re-enable the protection software.  

Should you continue to experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative at one of the methods provided here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello Ramona,

Thanks for reply.

I'm at work right now so I can't try it now.

I understand I can use it with USB cable but in 2017 nobody like wired things anymore.

Also I can't use it with USB because I need atleast 5-10mt USB cable.

And the steps are not working (link)

https://support.usa.canon.com/infocenter/index?page=content&id=ART136646?cm_mmc=CF-_-Printer-_-Suppo...

Hi sebastiantr,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. The PIXMA iP7520 is not supported by Canon USA as it is not sold in the United States.  To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/8sbt

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Patrick

It's not iP7520, it's 7250

Not sure who is supporting but I'm searching for help.

Thanks for the link. I just send them a mail.

Send them a email last week still no response Smiley Indifferent

Hello guys,

Would like to share the steps I did to finally get my iP7250 connected to WiFi network after 4 hours of struggling.

After trying the WPS and many many restarts, I decided to share the mobile internet from my phone. First reset the printer networksettings (in my case holding oneof the buttons till power led flashed 9 times). Then connected my laptop to that shared connection and during the printer setup process (via USB) I selected an option to manually configure the network. Chosed shared mobile network, put the pssword and... it just worked! The installation process finished successfully, disconnected the USB. Afterwards I opened the installed Canon IJ Network Tool and the printer was successfully found. Opened the configuration there and manually changed the settings (SSID, passphrase, even the fixed IP) to my home WiFi network. Reconnected laptop to homenetwork and... magically the printer was found as well 😉

To me it looks like the WPS function ma be messing something in the printer network settings.

I hope this procedure can be applied to other similar cases - even with different printers.

Cheers guys! 😉

My solution was to disconnect my VPN temporarily.

Announcements