cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MX920 series printer setting up Network Security Key on printer interface

patricknorton
Apprentice

My home network wifi name and Network Security Key (NSK) has been compromised and I have been advised to change my NSK to a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols to provide better security.

My modem-router is a Netcomm NB16WV model and I am using a W10 desktop pc, in addition my children use to two notebook pc's ( aW10 and a W7) as well as an ipad 4 tablet and a samsung tab 2 tablet on this network.

Q1. Does the Canon Pixma MX920 series printer allow use of a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols ?

Q2. If it does how do I access upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols on its interface?

My new NSK would be a phrase some 20 digits long.

Thanks for any help in this matter

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Patricknorton,

Your PIXMA MX922 can accept upper/lower case letters, numbers and symbols.

To connect your PIXMA MX922 to your wireless network, please follow these steps:

1.  Turn your PIXMA MX922 on.

2.  Press the MENU button on your PIXMA MX922.

3.  Use the arrow buttons to select WLAN Setup and press OK.

4.  Press the STOP button (to select Other setup options).

5.  Select Standard setup and press OK.

6.  Select your wireless network name from the list that appears and press OK.

7.  Press OK to access the on screen keyboard and enter in your wireless network password.  Please note that this password is case sensitive and if it is entered incorrectly, your PIXMA MX922 will not connect to your network.  To switch between upper case letters, lower case letters and special characters, please use the middle function button below the LCD of your PIXMA MX922.

8.  Press the left function button under the word "Done" once the password is entered.

9.  Press the left function button under the word "End Setup".

10.  Press OK once your PIXMA MX922 is connected to your wireless network.

Your PIXMA MX922 will now be connected to your wireless network.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Patrick,

can you look at my question in this Networking question, re connecting MX 920 series via USB to a USB port on my router/AP to achieve shared network access?

TIA,

garyprud

Hi, garyprud!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, search our knowledge base or contact our US-based technical support team at http://canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks and have a great day!

Announcements