cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MX880 printer has stopped responding to wireless printing.

socaljohn
Apprentice

The Canon Pixma MX880 printer has stopped responding to wireless printing. It was working fine until about one week ago.  Now, it gives us a message of "Printer not responding"....no error codes or anything else.  We can inplug the printer (power down) and start back up, and it will print the first job.  Then it goes back to it's non-responsive ways.  This response is happening when printing from 2 different laptops....one Mac and one PC.   Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

Bjohnson
Apprentice

I am having the same problem. Unplugging the printer and plugging it back in will get it to print the current job...but then it stops working again. Extremely frustrating... The error message is 'looking for printer' or 'printer not connected'. For some reason, unplugging and then plugging back in temporarily fixes the issue. Not really a good solution, though. 

I'm seeing the same thing with a Canon MG5300.   It prints a few documents fine, and then my Mac starts "Looking for Printer"     Switching the printer on and off from the button (ie not unplugging from the wall) seemed sufficient to clear it and it starts working again.     Re-doing the Wifi setup also fixes it (a more tedious work-around).

It may be relevant that I'm network sharing from the Mac, so the printer is directly connected to it via Wifi.

Bjohnson
Apprentice

just notified of the recent post with yet another person having the issue. I suggest you do what I did...dispose of the Canon and get an HP printer. My wife and I are still getting used to having a functional wireless printer in the house. It's pretty wonderful. No changes to the computers or network that simply didn't work with Canon. 

Wel-Design
Apprentice

MX880

The printer is indicating "Printer Off Line"  

I re-entered the wireless set-up on the printer! Re- Powered the Printer.  It only works with the USB

jackjansen
Apprentice

I had this problem just now, with my Pixma TS8051.

In my case the problem was that I had changed the "Bonjour Service name" (by going to the printer web interface, airprint settings). Even though the various Macs could still see the printer, apparently they thought it was a different one or something like that.

I changed the Bonjour name back to the original ("Canon TS8000 series", in my case) and everything was back to normal.

Announcements