cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma MG3150

YvonneA
Apprentice

Got a new router, connected laptop to router, connected printer to router - both listed on my routers device list. When I try print from laptop it can't find printer. Can you help please? I have other devices I will need to connect later too.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

A couple of things I would try:

Open the IJ networking tool and see what it thinks the printers IP is?

Does this match what the router shows in its connected device list?

Can you ping the printer from your computer?

Use these instructions to reset the printer's wireless configuration to factory defaults, then perform set up connection steps again.  If you can ping the printer, but cannot print, chances are the IJ Networing Tool still believes the printer has its old IP. 

Also consider giving the printer a static IP address which will keep the router from giving another device the printer's IP regardless if it was turned off or not used for an extended period of time.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you, I restarted laptop & printer now all seems to be working ok but will be adding other devices so will keep this saved incase I need it in future thank you.

Announcements