cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Pixma 100s Useless ?? (or is it me)

lerobe
Apprentice

Hi Everyone, I am new to this group and just joined because of a really frustrating issue. When I switch on the printer and try to use it wirelessly it just wont connect to anything ? Ive managed to press the WPS button which flashes and I then press the WPS button on my access point but they dont talk to each other. The problem then gets worse, the WPS light stays on constantly and the power and reset buttons just permanently blinking white and orange respectively, cant print, cant do anything. I have tried connecting the printer direct to the laptop via a USB and sometimes this works and sometimes does not. Any ideas on how to get around this. Its driving me crazy. ? Ive got a crappy old HP printer which connects first time no worries without any problems.

Thanks

Lee

Edit : Laptop used is a Windows 10 Dell XPS.

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I have a Pro-100 which is connected via wifi to two computers, so it can be done.

Does thsi help:

https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/pixma_printer_wireless_connection_setup/pixma_pro1...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hey, thanks for the reply, nope, tried that and nothing doing.

Smiley Sad

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Do you have a Canon phone support in your country?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I would imagine so, this was a first pass at trying to get it up and running and I usually like to use these sorts of forums to troubleshoot as its normally got people who have been through the pain and have real world solutions. I think I may have to try the support route, if I cannot get it working soon.

Thanks again

lerobe,

If you continue to have difficulties, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements