Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PIXMA MG3620 Won't connect Wirelessly to PC

rainedragon
Apprentice

Wireless internet

Canon PIXMA MG3620

I only purchased it as a scanner, and do not have it set up to print. It's been working for a few months, but sometimes it stops connecting to the wireless for no reason. Usually rebooting my PC, or the scanner will fix this. 

This time it won't and I don't know what to do.

I've rebooted my computer and tried multiple times to pair my scanner with the wireless, but it doesn't seem to be properly connecting to my PC.

I get the error "Cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons:

-scanner is turned off.

-If using LAN connection, it is disconnected from LAN

(etc, etc)

Code:5,157,69

On the top of the scanner the Power button is lit (green), the wifi button is lit (blue) and the 8.5"x11" plain paper button is lit (green).

What do I need to do to get the scanner and computer connected again?

51 REPLIES 51

AmberCxx
Apprentice

I had the same trouble, tried several solutions: reset, restart router, connect to printer manually, using app in iphone, etc. The answer on page one, regarding a installation of a pc app works. https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/WebPortal/PTL/ptl-setup.html?lng=en&type=setup&area=ca&mdl=MG362...

( although i have to work around it. it could not found the printer initially...

troberts
Apprentice

I made an account just to say this is the biggest piece of garbage I have possibly ever purchased. I have owned 3/4 canon printers before. I got this for my GF and have been trying to set it up for almost an hour! I am a IT tech and am pretty technilogically savvy but this thing is GARBAGE! 

Update: I still hate this thing but for anyone else struggling I figured it out. 

When you get the wifi button blinking on your printer, go into your wifi settings on your phone and make the printer your wifi then go back into the app and go through the setup options. 

Announcements