Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PIXMA MG3620 Won't connect Wirelessly to PC

rainedragon
Apprentice

Wireless internet

Canon PIXMA MG3620

I only purchased it as a scanner, and do not have it set up to print. It's been working for a few months, but sometimes it stops connecting to the wireless for no reason. Usually rebooting my PC, or the scanner will fix this. 

This time it won't and I don't know what to do.

I've rebooted my computer and tried multiple times to pair my scanner with the wireless, but it doesn't seem to be properly connecting to my PC.

I get the error "Cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons:

-scanner is turned off.

-If using LAN connection, it is disconnected from LAN

(etc, etc)

Code:5,157,69

On the top of the scanner the Power button is lit (green), the wifi button is lit (blue) and the 8.5"x11" plain paper button is lit (green).

What do I need to do to get the scanner and computer connected again?

51 REPLIES 51

yes everything is right

crosscro
Apprentice
My connection is inactive
SSID IS. BJNPSETUP
SIGNAL STRENGTH IS 0%
TCP/IPv4. Is. Up address Enable
ACCESS POINT MODE. Is Disable

Hi crosscro,

Prior to installing the printer drivers, please enable the wireless setting of the printer by following these steps:

1. Press and hold Wi-Fi button and release it when ON lamp flashes.

2. Press the COLOR button, then the Wi-Fi button in this order.  When the ON lamp changes from flashing to lit and the Wi-Fi lamp lights up, then the wireless LAN is enabled.

Once the wireless setting is enabled, please download and install the latest drivers and software for the printer from the Canon USA website here.  Please temporarily disable any antivirus or firewall software that is on your computer prior to installing the drivers, as these programs can sometimes prevent the printer from being detected and installed successfully. Once the printer is installed successfully, the protection software can be re-enabled.

Should you continue to experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Can't get by Step 1, holding the solid blue lit wireless button does Not produce a blinking power light

@Ramonawrote:

Hi crosscro,

Prior to installing the printer drivers, please enable the wireless setting of the printer by following these steps:

1. Press and hold Wi-Fi button and release it when ON lamp flashes.

2. Press the COLOR button, then the Wi-Fi button in this order.  When the ON lamp changes from flashing to lit and the Wi-Fi lamp lights up, then the wireless LAN is enabled.

Once the wireless setting is enabled, please download and install the latest drivers and software for the printer from the Canon USA website here.  Please temporarily disable any antivirus or firewall software that is on your computer prior to installing the drivers, as these programs can sometimes prevent the printer from being detected and installed successfully. Once the printer is installed successfully, the protection software can be re-enabled.

Should you continue to experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

I appreciate your advice, time and help. However, this printer simply sucks. I have followed the in box instructions. Your steps and other guidance in this forum. The steps play out as you expect, for the most part. I am using the CD out of the box. I can connect my printer to the router initially using the button-steps and it finds it. The drivers then start to get loaded.

However, before it can ever finish installing the drivers (not even a minute or two) the printer just randomly drops out of wi-fi setup and disconnects itself (per watching the lights on the machine). The install then fails, bringing up a message describing this.

I have tried it about 15 times now and every time it fails before it can fully complete the process. The printer wireless simply does not work. There is a "USB" option (the weird funky printer-USBs) which you conveniently do not include (sorry I haven't owned a printer before?...? Didn't know I was buying a replacement printer for my cord... Lol).

Can't do wireless (though the box claims so). Can't connect via wired. Did I just buy a $100 cheap plastic box? I think so. I'll be returning it (if the store lets me - Canon blasted the thing with tons of orange security/use tape that must be removed to attempt setup).

How is the sale of this product not illegal? This will be my first and last Canon product. Thanks. Have a good life. Peace.

Hi

I agree this is the biggest piece of junk I have ever seen.

I have it connected to my wifi after many days of totally incorrect instructions in the manuals and online with canon - after days I worked out to hold down wireless button until it blinked - then black button and wifi again ... hit the WPS button on the router ... connected straight away.

It's config printout shows 100% signal, correct ssid and connected, has an IP address, it shows up it's mac address on my router as well.

But do you think it can be connected to either with the driver setup, the troubleshooting tool, a web browser or even pinged by it's IP address. I can get to it's web gui via AP direct mode but that doesn't really help much as the gui only has print settings and nothing to do with drivers connecting or network setup.

I have now got it to configure via USB and it's scanning WLAN's correctly and connecting to the wlan... I even tried giving it a static IP address ... still can't communicate via wifi. 

I tried on windows and Mac. Both sets of instructions are completely incorrect to even get it connected to wifi.

Pile of junk. You would have thought you would have got something that actually worked from a company like Canon.

Did not work

crosscro
Apprentice
Reply anyone if ur out there

Stacy
Apprentice
I have been having the same problem. I FINALLY figured it out !! Hold down the wifi button down until the POWER button blinks green then release. Immediately after you release the wifi lamp button press the COLOR button, then click the wifi lamp button once. It will then begin to blink the blue light. Now it's ready to setup and connect!!!

I can't get my MG3620 to connect wireless. I got once to the point where I could enter my password but the attempt still failed.

I can't get the the WiFi blue to blink fast ( enable ) to find the printer. I have attempted via the web and phone and no success.

As mentioned above, when I got to enter my password, the WiFi connection swtiched from my network to Canon's network???? never seen that in my avaiable networks till today.

I have attempted to perform all the steps provided in the previously messages, anything else someone can suggest?

Announcements