Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon PIXMA MG3620 Won't connect Wirelessly to PC

rainedragon
Apprentice

Wireless internet

Canon PIXMA MG3620

I only purchased it as a scanner, and do not have it set up to print. It's been working for a few months, but sometimes it stops connecting to the wireless for no reason. Usually rebooting my PC, or the scanner will fix this. 

This time it won't and I don't know what to do.

I've rebooted my computer and tried multiple times to pair my scanner with the wireless, but it doesn't seem to be properly connecting to my PC.

I get the error "Cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons:

-scanner is turned off.

-If using LAN connection, it is disconnected from LAN

(etc, etc)

Code:5,157,69

On the top of the scanner the Power button is lit (green), the wifi button is lit (blue) and the 8.5"x11" plain paper button is lit (green).

What do I need to do to get the scanner and computer connected again?

51 REPLIES 51

BillS
Mentor

Hi rainedragon,

Let's start by checking the network connection.

Print the network setting information to check the machine's IP address by following the steps below.

1. Make sure that the printer is turned on.

2. Load two sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper.

3. Press and hold the Wi-Fi button and release it when the ON lamp flashes.

4. Press the Wi-Fi button again.

The machine starts printing the network setting information.

Much of the information will not be relevant, but the important things to look at are:

1. Is the connection active or inactive?

2. Is the SSID (network name) correct?

3. What is the signal strength?

4. What is the IPv4 IP address?

I look forward to your reply.

Hello,

I have the same issue. I followed your instructions and I noticed the printer has my old network info. How can I change this?

Thank you in advance.

Try this Olara87:

http://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/WebPortal/PTL/ptl-os.html?lang=en&type=setup&area=ca&model=mg36

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

i can not get my pixma mg3620 to connect to my taptop. i did the printout and says inactice and the signal strenth is 0 idk what to do from this point i have have read everything i can find including the booklet it comes with and can not get it to connect

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi JLMW,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

@JLMW wrote:

i can not get my pixma mg3620 to connect to my taptop. i did the printout and says inactice and the signal strenth is 0 idk what to do from this point i have have read everything i can find including the booklet it comes with and can not get it to connect

Only scanner is installed, not the printer driver.

SSID active, channel defined.

NO IP Addres defined, not for IPv4, neither for IPv6

I only purchased it as a canon mg 3620 printer. It's been working for a few months, but sometimes it stops connecting to the wireless for no reason

This time also it won't and I don't know what to do.

I've rebooted my computer and tried multiple times to pair my printer with the wireless, but it doesn't seem to be properly connecting to my PC.

I get the error "Printer is offline.Check that the printer is connected and the printer power is on."

On the top of the Printer the Power button is lit (green), the wifi button is lit (blue) and the 8.5"x11" plain paper button is lit (green).

I have pressed wi fi button and the information i got are:-
Connection: active
SSID Name is correct
Signal strengh is 92%
IPv4 IP Address :10.0.0.1

What do I need to do to get the printer connected again? Please reply ASAP

Priyanka,

Make sure that your computer is connected to the same SSID as the printer.  If the error persists, try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers to see if this will allow the unit to communicate again.

If the issue persists, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements