cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Mx452 - brand new - perfect installation (wifi). Prints/Copies. but will not SCAN !

cjcornell
Contributor

Canon Mx452 - brand new - perfect installation (wifi).  Prints/Copies.  but will not SCAN !

I keep getting the dreaded:

----------------

ScanGear:  

Cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons:
     - Scanner is turned off.
      - USB cable is disconnected.
      - Printer is in use or an error has occurred.

Please check and try again.
Scanner driver will be closed.

Code:5,156,61

----------------

(by the way - thanks for the less-than-helpful error messages).

This is my 3rd canon all-in-one, so it is not like I am inexperienced at this.  But there seems to be many other people with this problem, but no apparent reason (or consistent solution),  HELP!

my wifi is fine,

my USB;s work fine  (and in this caseI am plugged in)

i went through the CD setup, 3 times.  all perfect.

no firewalls or antivirus software.

i updated all drivers.  (via device manager), rescanned hardware.

I rebooted.  

I prayed.

i donated to the local church.

nothing seems to make this printer function correctly.

Ideas/  Solutions?

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, cjcornell!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer. That, and any further details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is ready to help by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

windows 7.

Actually, there is a new problem. No matter what I do, it only seems to want to scan to USB.

My wifi is working perfectly.

It is set up for the canon with the correct credentials  (and password).

blue light is on.

Hello cjcornell,

Please make sure that the unit is selected correctly in MP Navigator.  Please open MP Navigator and click on the Preferences button.  The PIXMA X452 that should be selected is the network attached, not the USB attached.  The network PIXMA M452 will be named PIXMA MX452 (xxx) with the mac address of the unit in parenthesis.

Also, please make sure that the scanner is selected in the Canon IJ Scan Utility.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Click on Start and then All Programs.

2.  Click on Canon IJ Network Utility.

3.  Click on Canon IJ Scan Utility.

4.  Make sure there is a checkmark next to the PIXMA MGX452.

Once both have been completed, attempt to scan.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements