cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX922 Does Not Prompt for WiFi Passphrase

a289ford
Apprentice

I recently got a new router, and when I attempt to perform setup from the touchscreen on the printer, the setup does not prompt for WiFi password, and will begin attempting to connect to the network. I have performed a LAN settings reset, as well as a factory reset, and the setup still does not prompt for passphrase. Please advise.

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This should help:

Canon Knowledge Base - Wireless Set Up - PIXMA MX922 Printer

Let us know.

Thanks

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Not helpful. The problem is when the enter passphrase screen should appear it doesn't. Following the instructions doesn't solve the problem.

zonker803
Contributor

This is what worked for me. My ISP replaced a defective gateway with the same model. It doesn't support WPS or PIN methods and the printer doesn't prompt for the passphrase. Using the browser I went to 192.168.whatever and the SSID default setup was WPA2/WPA3 (AES). I figured WPA3 was newer than the printer, so I set up a 2nd SSID using just WPA2. The printer detected both networks and I selected the 2nd one. I was prompted for the passphrase and completed the setup. The missing WPS button might not be the problem. It might be that the printer is drawing a blank when it sees a new encryption code.

Announcements