cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX512 "Failed to connect to the access point. Check the access point settings and try again."

canada2018
Apprentice

Hi,

I have a Canon MX512 printer that has always been a pain to set up, but has been working uneventfully for a year in my current residence. About a week ago, the printer just stopped working - no idea why. When I try to print from my laptop, I get error messages. It seems the printer will no longer connect - I am unable to connect the printer to the Wifi or remotely to my computer any more. No matter what I try - WPS, advanced setup, etc etc - NOTHING works. I get the message "Failed to connect to the access point. Check the access point settings and try again" every single time.

I've updated drivers. I've reset the printer. I've tried every method of connecting to the Wifi/access point that the printer has. I get the same stupid message every time. I've gone on the Canon forums, read the manual. I am at the absolute end of my rope trying to figure this out. Any help would be vastly appreciated. 

Thank you,

L

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

bfloor5
Apprentice
Have similar issue. 512 has always worked flawlessly. Suddenly when try to print from android phone, when select 512, says "failed to connect". I've tried everything in the book to try to figure out what's happened. Why would the printer be recognized on the wifi network, but fail to connect when I try to actually print fr my phone? I've done all the clearing caches, uninstalling everything to do with printing and reinstalling (my go to is PrinterShare), off/on of printer and router, etc. Same error msg every damned time. I can find nothing here or on the internet that addresses this specific issue, so I'm now out of ideas. Remember, this thing WORKED PERFECTLY for 3 YEARS fr multiple phones. Nothing changed, so does anybody have any ideas ... ??? *Please note I also use a Win10 laptop that is printing fine. **Current phone is Pixel 3a XL running Android 11.

bfloor5
Apprentice

Announcements